Don’t let bad credit stop you from getting a car loan for your next car.
Financing a new or pre-owned car can be a stressful process for some people, but it can seem more daunting if you’re worried about your credit score. At Go Car Finance, our goal is to help you find the right car. We work with you to tailor a package that works for your budget, lifestyle and credit history.
Is it possible to get a car loan with bad credit?
There are many ways to finance a car including second chance car finance options. Our finance experts can often help those with bad credit get car finance. We assess each application individually against responsible lending criteria to tailor a package that suits your needs and reflects your current situation.
Do you perform a credit check as part of the car finance process?
Yes, we do, but only after you’ve decided you want to apply for finance and have filled out a full credit application to consent to a credit check. We also understand that your credit history isn’t the whole story, so we take into account a number of other things when assessing your application.
How can I improve my credit rating or approval limit?
Following these tips could help your situation:
- Catch up on any missed payments or set up a plan with your lender to do so. A regular timely payment cycle shows any lender that you have the ability to repay your debts over a period of time.
- Keep a low balance on your other debts. Not maxing out your credit card and other debts can help show that your financial situation is not on the edge.
- Avoid making too many new finance applications. The act of applying to many financiers in a short span of time can create a hard enquiry on your credit report which can negatively impact your credit score (although applying with us will not impact your score!).
I don’t have a deposit but I’m after a car. Can I still apply for car finance?
Yes, in some cases you can still finance a car without any savings. Every application is assessed on a case-by-case basis, and in some cases we can offer 0% deposit vehicle finance options.
I’m thinking about getting a car loan. How can I make the most out of my finance application?
- Save up a deposit for a new loan. If you’re putting money towards a car, you’ll be able to add this to the amount borrowed, meaning you can spend more on your car. Consistent savings also show your commitment and ability to repay the loan, and this might mean that you’re able to get a lower interest car loan.
- Consider shortening the term of your car loan. A longer-term loan usually means you pay more for your car by paying more interest. While lower payments can provide immediate relief if you have limited cash flow, overall the cost of your loan long-term is higher. However, don’t make your payments so high that you’ll struggle to make them!
- See more tips on what you need to know before getting a car loan.
What if I’ve been refused elsewhere?
Some lenders like big banks or large finance companies only like to work with those who have exceptional credit. Whether it’s a default from years ago or something more recent, not everyone has a clear credit history and quite often they need an expert to structure their finance. In most cases, even if you’ve been refused elsewhere for poor or bad credit, there is a chance that we might be able to still provide you with finance options.
Can I get a car loan even if I have no credit history?
Having no credit history means there is no way to know how good of a borrower you’ll be. But without having the opportunity to prove that you’ll make your payments on time, you’ll never be able to! We help lots of people with little or no credit history, and help them prove their creditworthiness. Get in touch to find out more.
What To Do Next
Get an Approval
Our agents work fast to get in touch with you within 24 hours to understand your needs and provide you with a decision.
Find Your Vehicle
This is the exciting part. You get to shop around to find your new or pre-owned car that fits your budget and requirements. We can also help you source a vehicle through our partners at a really good price!
Confirm Your Finance Agreement
Once you’ve settled on your car, we’ll confirm your repayments and go through the agreement before you sign.
Drive Away Happy!
With all the hassle of car finance taken away, all you need to do is drive away happy and enjoy your car.
Whether you have bad credit, no credit or are after beneficiary car finance, you could still be approved for a car loan. As New Zealand’s top-rated car finance company, our agents are able to find the best finance options to suit your situation. Call us today or fill out our application to speak with a car financing expert.